Offre en lien avec l’Action/le Réseau : – — –/Doctorants
Laboratoire/Entreprise : ICube / Technology & Strategy
Durée : 36 mois
Contact : email@example.com
Date limite de publication : 2022-06-30
Industry 4.0 is the novel industrial revolution, where objects are connected to a global network infrastructure. Fieldbus (e.g., CAN, modbus) interconnect the different devices to controllers. These objects are constrained in memory and computational capacity and may endanger the network infrastructure if they are corrupted. They may even jeopardize the safety of industrial applications.
We need to deploy Intrusion Detection Systems able to detect attacks and to patch (a.k.a. reconfigure) the network to contain the attacker. Fortunately, industrial applications rely on pre-existing specific properties that may help us to detect abnormal behaviors. The PhD student will exploit real datasets, and a prototyping testbed @ Technology & Strategy.
The PhD student will rely on Artificial Intelligence algorithms to implement an efficient Intrusion Detection System (Network IDS) able to detect anomalies, that deviate from a normal behavior.
Profil du candidat :
Master in Computer Science (major in AI, data science)
Formation et compétences requises :
Applicants should have solid skills in:
– Excellent programming skills, particularly in embedded systems (C);
– Excellent knowledge of Machine Learning techniques (not only as a user);
– Excellent data science language skills (R, or Python);
– Excellent communication and writing skills. Note that knowledge of French is not
required for this position;
Knowledge of the following technologies is not mandatory but will be considered as a plus:
– Networking protocols and stacks;
– Fieldbus communications;
– Revision control systems.
Adresse d’emploi :
Université de Strasbourg / Technology & Strategy
Both located in Strasbourg
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
They must include:
– A Curriculum Vitae;
– List of 2 or 3 references to contact (position, email address);
– Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate studies;
– Link to MSc thesis, and publications if applicable;
– Link to personal software repositories (e.g. GitHub)
Please prefix the filenames of your application with your lastname.